Who doesn’t love Mussels, in this class Carmela teaches you how Sicilians cook with mussels.
You will learn how to:
- Clean mussels
- Make cozzi alla siciliana
- Cozzi con spaghetti
- Cozzi ripieni
- Sicilian Cozzi Brodo (Soup)
- Key ingredients for cooking with mussels
- Myths on cooking with mussels
Mussels can be smoked, boiled, steamed, roasted, barbecued or fried in butter or vegetable oil.
Did you know that cozzi (mussels) are?
- Excellent source of: selenium (44.8 µg), and vitamin B12 (12 µg)
- Good source of: zinc (1.6 mg), and folate(42 µg)
Foods that are an “excellent source” of a particular nutrient provide 20% or more of the recommended daily value. Foods that are a “good source” of a particular nutrient provide between 10 and 20% of the recommended daily value.
See you in my kitchen.